ANTI BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION POLICY
Bribery – The receiving/offering/giving/providing/requesting/accepting of a financial or other advantage, in order to seek to induce a person or to induce a person to give improper assistance in breach of their duty, or to otherwise influence someone with the underlying purpose of obtaining/retaining business, or an advantage in the course of business.
Corruption – The misuse of entrusted power/breach of duty for personal gain.
The Ethics Policy establishes the ethical standards of the company and underpins the behaviour we expect of everyone engaged by us when conducting business on our behalf. It is a statement of how we strive to ensure we maintain our reputation. That policy reinforces our vision and philosophies and enables us to build and maintain the first-class reputation that our customers, employees and suppliers are entitled to expect of us.
Our ethical approach affects all areas of the company. This Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy forms part of our Ethics Policy and represents a commitment to doing what is right.
When working for the company, employees are obliged to:
- uphold this commitment
- ensure they understand the requirements of Anti-Bribery Policy and the standards, instructions and associated compliance processes
- always follow them
The company expects its employees to demonstrate honesty, integrity and fairness in all aspects of their business dealings and exercise appropriate standards of professionalism and ethical conduct in all their activities. The company expects the same approach to doing business from its business partners and suppliers.
Pursuant to this the company will not tolerate bribery or corruption in any form and has a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to any breach of this policy. This may include dismissal from the company and the involvement of the police in any investigations.
This means that the company and its employees will never seek, accept or give a bribe or other improper payment. We must also always ensure that we operate with appropriate transparency in all our business dealings.
The company will take appropriate steps to ensure that:
- We do not, directly or indirectly, offer, promise, give, accept or demand a bribe or other undue advantage (including excessive gifts and hospitality) in order to obtain or retain business, or gain any other improper advantage.
- We do not offer, nor give in to demands, to make illicit or illegal payments to agents, public officials (at whatever level) or anybody else that we do business with.
- We engage and remunerate third parties only for legitimate services and adopt appropriate transparency in our approach.
- We promote employee awareness of, and compliance with, company policies against bribery and corruption through appropriate dissemination of our own policies and procedures.
- We adopt management control systems that discourage bribery and corruption, and adopt financial and tax accounting and auditing practices that fairly record the transactions to which they relate.
We raise awareness of the need to combat bribery and corruption with our business partners by publication of this policy.